Creating A Safer World
My.avast.com is a platform through which users can create an Avast account to access all its antivirus products and features. By creating an account, you can manage all the Avast licenses that are registered to your email address, buy new products, activate your product, cancel your subscriptions, etc. Also, the Avast account is helpful in managing your multiple devices from one single account. So follow the given guide for account creation, sign in and its troubleshooting.
How To Create an Avast Account on My.Avast.Com?
- Start the process by opening a web browser i.e Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Now, type my.avast.com in the address bar and then press the Enter key from your keyboard.
- This will open the account creation window of Avast. Click on the Register tab which is located in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Now you will be asked to fill the necessary details required to create an account. Hence, type a valid email address into the given field that can receive important emails from Avast.
- In the next field, you need to create a strong password according to the requirements given below:
- There should be at least 8 characters.
- Use both uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Include one numeric value.
- In addition, use valid symbols.
- Now, type your password again into the required field for confirmation.
- To continue with the process, you have to agree with all the terms of Avast. So, click on the Create new account button.
- Now, you will receive an email for account confirmation. To verify your account, you need to open the mail and click on the Verify Email button. This finishes the account creation process from my.avast.com.
Avast Login Procedure
Follow the given steps for signing into your account from my.avast.com.
- Open a web browser on your system.
- Now, go to my.avast.com. By doing so, it will show you the Avast Login window.
- For signing into your account, enter your registered email address into the given field. Make sure that you have entered all the characters in small case letters with no unwanted spaces.
- In the next field, enter your password that is associated with your Avast login account.
- Then, select the checkbox of “Remember Me” to save your login details. By doing so, you will not be asked to enter your Username and password whenever you signed in again.
- Lastly, click on the Login button which is given at the bottom of the window.
Troubleshooting Avast Login Issues
Reset Avast Login Password:
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Then, go to my.avast.com.
- To set a new password, click on the link “can’t access your account”. Then, enter your email address linked with your Avast account. Then, click on the Send button.
- In the next window, click on the Got it button.
- Now, you will get an email which also includes the instructions to reset your password.
- Open the mail from your inbox folder. If you are unable to find the mail in the inbox folder, check it in the Spam folder.
- In the mail, you will find the Reset Password button. Click on it and the Password Reset window will appear on your screen.
- Type a new password by keeping in mind all the requirements that need to fulfill for creating an account.
- In the next field, retype your new password and then click on the Set Password button.
- Then, a notification will be shown on your screen stating that your new password is successfully created.
Now, try for Avast login but if the issue does not resolve, try the next method.
Clear the saved Windows credentials
You will not be able to login to your Avast Account from my.avast.com if the wrong credentials are saved in windows. So, following are the steps to delete the login details from your Windows computer.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- In the next window, you need to type “Credentials” into the search field which is located at the upper-right corner of the window.
- Then, select the Credential Manager tab.
- Now, click on Windows Credentials and it will show you a list of all the saved credentials.
- Select your Avast login credentials and click on the “Remove” button.
- After that, a pop-up box will display on your screen asking you- do you want to delete this item? Click on the Yes button.
Troubleshoot Authorization Error 400
If you are choosing the option of Login with Google with a corporate Google account, this error may appear on your screen. In order to solve this error, try any one of the below-given options.
- Go to my.avast.com and manually sign in to your account by entering your registered credentials. Then, click on the Login button given there.
- Alternatively, go to my.avast.com and select Login with Google. A list of Google Accounts will be shown on your screen. Choose a non-corporate Google account, for example, your personal Google account. If you prompt to enter your Google account credentials, then type your details and you will be successfully logged into your account.
Remove Cache and Cookies from your browser:
It is possible that my.avast.com is not responding due to the presence of cache and cookies in your browser. So, follow the given steps to delete the past history from your browser:
For Chrome Browser:
- Open the Chrome Browser on your system.
- From the upper-right corner, click on the “Customize and control icon” which is represented by three vertical dots.
- A list of options will be shown on your screen. Select “History”.
- It will take you to a new window. Click on the Clear Browsing Data tab which is located on the left side of the window.
- Then, a dialog box will be shown on your screen. Select the time range for deleting the browsing history.
- After that, select the appropriate boxes and then click on the Clear Data button to complete the process.
For Safari browser:
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Now, click on the Safari tab which is located at the upper-left corner of the window.
- Then, it will show you a list, select the History option.
- After that, a pop-up box will display on your screen. You need to choose the time period for which you want to delete the history.
- At last, click on the Clear History button to remove cache and cookies from your browser.
Note: The procedure may vary depending on the browsers you are using for accessing my.avast.com.
Check your Internet Connectivity
If you are facing the login issues continuously, it may occur due to a slow internet connection. Therefore, you need to follow the below-given steps to reset your internet connection and to get a high-speed internet:
- First of all, turn off your modem.
- Then, disconnect the power cable from the electrical board.
- After that, wait for 15-30 seconds.
- Now, power on your modem. Also, turn on the Wi-Fi on your device.
- Once your device is connected to the internet successfully, try to access my.avast.com and login to your account.